If Your CV880/CV990 Simulation Does Not Display - READ THIS Oct 24, 2016 3:42:32 GMT
Post by aerofoto - HJG Admin on Oct 24, 2016 3:42:32 GMT
If Your CV880 or CV990 Simulation Does Not Display - then "READ THIS" document ....
Nine out of ten times the reason why any HJG supplied simulation will not display in FS is due to simple installation errors .... usually in regard to CFG editing .... and mostly on the part of the end user (although we too have been known to make the odd mistake .... it can, and has, happened) .... or .... the end user has failed to follow, or has otherwise misunderstood, the recommeded/prescribed installation procedures.
When unzipping HJG supplied ZIP files "DO NOT" extract their contents directly into FS. Doing this is how valid folders can end up being installed within containing folders from their original ZIP files and how files can also end up being installed without their necessary supporting edits .... and which cannot then be recognized and displayed by FS. The recommended installation procedure is to extract the contents of all ZIP files into a temporary folder first .... THEN .... manually drag and drop each of the required folders and/or component files to their respective FS destination folders .... THEN .... carefully edit all CFG files with their required supporting data and "precisely in accordance with installation instructions" which accompany each HJG supplied file. It is when these "basic instructions" are circumvented (or misunderstood) that problems are usually experienced
Installation procedures for most HJG files are quite straight-forward and simple (FSX is a bit more complex/sensitive though in this respect) and conform to long established and proven FS protocols.
Should your your HJG supplied CV-880 or CV-990 installation not display within the FS Aircraft Selection Menu then check each of the following details ....
1. In the case of Aircraft Base Pack installations .... have you installed the base pack correctly ?
- Make sure the required Aircraft Base Pack folder is not contained within the containing folder from its original ZIP file.
- Check that the PANEL.CFG data contained within the Panel folder reads correctly and in accordance with either the default FS panel assignment .... or the recommended custom panel assignment for each Aircraft Base Pack .... and also check that the recommended custom panel assignment has been correctly installed.
- Check that the SOUND.CFG data contained within the Sound folder reads correctly and in accordance with either the default FS sound assignment .... or that this particular folder has been replaced with the recommended custom soundpack for any particular Aircraft Base Pack.
2. In the case of texture installations .... have you installed the texture correctly ?
- Make sure the ADD TO AIRCRAFT/FLTSIM.XX data which accompanies each texture has been correctly copied and pasted to the AIRCRAFT.CFG folder contained within any Aircraft Base Pack
- Check that the FLTSIM.XX data line is correctly edited in order to read [fltsim.0] for the very first texture entry within any AIRCRAFT.CFG file .... and check that this particular data also reads in correct numerical order for every subsequent texture addition.
- Check that the first bracket of the FLTSIM.XX data line has not been accidentally cropped/lost during the copy & paste process.
- Check that the TITLE= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the basic Aircraft Base Pack folder aircraft type name .... followed also by the airline livery name and date for the texture subject being installed.
- Check that the SIM= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the AIR.FILE name contained within the Aircraft Base Pack into which the texture is being installed.
- Check that the MODEL= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the 3D model name options supplied within any Aircraft Base Pack folder. Some HJG supplied CV-880 (only) Aircraft Base Packs contain more than one 3D model so the name of at least one of these may need to be stated (in most cases this "is not" necessary though) .... although where necessary this information should already be stated by default.
- Check that the TEXTURE= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the actual texture folder name being installed within any Aircraft Base Pack.
- Check that the UI MANUFACTUER= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the aircraft manufacturer name only .... for all DC-9 texture subjects this should always read Convair.
- Check that the UI TYPE= data line reads correctly and in accordance with basic aircraft type name only .... as is described within the TITLE= data line.
- Check that the UI VARIATION= data line reads correctly and in accordance with the airline livery name and date only .... as is also described within the TITLE= data line.
PLEASE NOTE: The slightest error in regard to any of the above information may be sufficient to cause FS to fail to recognise and display any Aircraft Base Pack, Panel, Sound, or Texture installation.
All HJG files are .... "by default" .... compiled for FS2004 installation and use.
All HJG supplied CV-880 and CV-990 Aircraft Base Pack, Panel, Texture, and Effects files "ARE" FSX portable, but, not FSX native.
PLEASE NOTE ALSO: The current HJG supplied CV-880 and CV990 soundpacks are FSX portable, but, "ARE NOT" FSX customized.
- In the case of FSX only installations .... and only if "not" installing HJG supplied CV-880 and CV-990 panel options .... check that the default PANEL.CFG assignment reads as follows ....
- In the case of FSX only installations .... and only if "not" installing HJG supplied CV-880 and CV-990 soundpack options .... check that the default SOUND.CFG assignment reads as follows ....
PLEASE NOTE ADDITIONALLY: HJG "does not officially" have an FSX representative. FSX support is therefore provided on the basis of HJG forum community assistance.
HJG can only provide support for those files which have been downloaded directly from this website. We cannot provide support for any files for HJG aircraft which have bee obtained elsewhere.
Please check all of the above details carefully "prior to" asking questions.
Whenever asking questions always state "precisely" which Aircraft Base Pack, Panel, Sound, Texture, or Effects file you are installing/using .... along with a "clear and precise" description of your particular issue.
For all other information concerning the HJG CV880/CV990 simulations (project description and aircraft base pack/panel/sound/texture/effects compatibilities and assignments, engine startup and panel configuration tutorials, and basic flying guides etc) .... please refer to our following forum based online manual and other references ....
"CV-880/CV-990 PANEL INSTALLATION & HANDING NOTES/MANUAL"