New WX RADAR For DMFS Panels May 11, 2023 4:59:00 GMT Tony Madge - HJG, George Carty - HJG, and 3 more like this
Post by aerofoto - HJG Admin on May 11, 2023 4:59:00 GMT
I didn't expect to be able to this today (considering everything else I've got on at the moment), but, for R/W meteorological reason my day and schedule suddenly free'd-up .... quite unexpectedly.
Thanks to the much appreciated efforts of my colleague George CARTY we've made the WX Radar in the DMFS TRIDENT panels "functional".
This item was previously "a dormant feature" within these panels.
The WX Radar Unit itself remains almost unchanged (we didn't want to risk altering DM's concept of how he wanted these panels to look) .... save for its now functional screen and selector options.
- The tab located at the top left of the selector panel (below the actual Radar screen) is the ON/OFF" switch .... which switches the unit between "OFF, ON", and "STAB" settings.
- The large rotary switch located within the center of the selector panel is the "RADAR ANTENNAE TILT" switch .... enabling the antennae scanner to be set at axis' ranging between 15* up or down.
- The tab located at the top right of the selector panel is the "RANGE LINE INTENSIFIER" .... to dim or intensify brightness of the WX Radar range line definitions in accordance with personal preference.
- The tab located at the bottom left of the selector panel is the "RANGE SELECTOR" .... enabling the WX Radar range to be set in increments of 20, 50, or 150 miles.
- The tab located at the bottom left middle of the selector panel is the "CONTRAST SELECTOR" .... enabling brightness of the overall WX radar screen to be dimmed or brightened in accordance with personal preference.
- The tab located at the bottom right middle is the WX Radar "GAIN" selector .... with 3 selectable settings enabling brightness of the displayed meteorological detections to be dimmed or brightened in accordance with personal preference.
This WX RADAR is presented here with the 2D panel only and in FS2004 ....
It has yet to be analized in the VC panel in FS2004 .... and also in both the 2D and VC panels in FSX too although no problems are anticipated.
The functionality of this WX RADAR is based on that of the WX RADAR units featured in other HJG panel offerings.
This WX RADAR "does" present accurate indications in regard to the state of prevailing FS weather selections.
As is the case with the WX RADAR featured in other HJG panel offerings this unit similarly requires either a "licensed or "unlicensed" version of Pete DOWSON's FSUIPC module in order to work. This particular module is downloadable from SCHIRATTI.COM and as separate FS2004 and FSX specific versions.
This feature is still currently undergoing pre-release testing .... and we hoe to extend it to the DMFS BAC ONE-ELEVEN, DH106 COMET, and VC10/C1K panels too.